Useful for seeing a more complete picture of where your financial performance is each month, this feature is currently in beta testing and will be available to everyone soon!
What you can track: recurring payments like rent, utilities, janitorial services, cable bills, marketing expenses, equipment- invoices where you don’t care about the line item detail, just the category.
What you can do with these invoices:
- See overall performance in category reports like Budgets and your P&L
- Pay them using the Bill Pay module
- Automatically export them to accounting
- Enjoy a faster way to account for category-level costs
- Optionally attach images or documents
How to do it: follow the steps below to create the invoice and the expenses will be automatically added as category totals to your reports. Once completed, it will automatically populate to reporting and be eligible to be paid.
1. Click on Orders > Orders
2. On the "Attach Invoice" button, you will see a split arrow to click. From that dropdown, click on Create Invoice
3. Start by choosing the Vendor. The dropdown list will show all of your existing vendors.
4. Choose an invoice date using the date selector.
5. The Invoice Number is optional; if you leave it blank we will populate it with the date of when the invoice was created.
6. Next choose the Payment Account. The default is Accounts Payable, but you can choose any active Payment Account you desire.
7. Choose the appropriate Category from the drop down list and fill in the corresponding amount. Remember, there are no vendor items or products on this invoice.
8. If there are any additional fees, taxes, charges you can enter those as well. We will automatically generate a total for you. When you are finished, click "Create Invoice".
PS. If an invoice is uploaded later that matches this one you created, we will auto-match it!