For us to process invoices in the MarginEdge system, we require that the invoices have the following information:
Vendor Name: we require the name of the vendor/seller/supplier of the goods and services purchased.
Line Items: Every single purchase or credit on the invoice is called Line Item. To process invoices, we require itemized details including the name, packaging, quantity, and price of each and every item purchased on the invoice.
Invoice Total: This is the sum of what you have purchased (sum of line items, taxes if applicable, and shipping if any).
OPTIONAL BUT HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Invoice Number: to process orders, we require the invoice number. The invoice number is a unique number that is generated by the vendor for the purchase.
Customer Number: Your customer number is the unique number that identifies you with your vendor. This is typically assigned and provided to you at the time of signing up with the vendor. The customer number can also be called- Account Number/Id, Client Number/Id, Customer Id, Customer Code, Site Number/Id.
Invoice Date: The invoice date is the date on which an invoice for goods/services is issued and it is usually the same day the goods/services are sent to you.
Without this, we’ll use the ship date or delivery date, or in absence of all these dates, we’ll use the upload date as the invoice date.
GOOD TO HAVE
Payment Account: To process the invoice, we require the payment terms on the invoice.
What happens if you upload an invoice that is missing these things, or they are illegible or incomplete:
If we are missing any of these elements on an invoice or if we receive Missing invoice page/Blurry image with information cut off, is blurry or is missing a page or a key piece of information; in that case we are unable to process the invoice and we will contact you to upload another invoice image. We will make two attempts to contact you, if we get no response, we delete the invoice.
WHAT WE CAN PROCESS
1) Food invoices: All your food purchases can be classified as food invoices.
2) Liquor invoices: This consists of your alcohol purchases- beer, wine and liquor.
3) Credit memo/note: A credit memo/note is issued by the vendor for returned goods.
4) Utility Bills: These pay for electricity, water, gas, internet and telephone each month. We process the current charges as the invoice total and not what the utility bill total shows.
5) Insurance Bills: For invoice total we prefer to use Minimum due or Current premium.
6) Taxes, fees and permits: This category includes government taxes, fines, license fees, other fees and permits.
7) Paid outs/petty cash: These are miscellaneous expenses/reimbursement of staff, paid out of the cash register.
8) Internal Transfers: An internal transfer is the transfer of products or vendor items from one restaurant unit to another restaurant unit in the same group.
WHAT WE DON’T PROCESS
1) Statements: This includes statements from vendors, credit card statements and tax statements.
2) Packaging slips and delivery tickets/slips/notes: These generally contain only packaging details with no information on price.
3) Request for pickup or pickup slips: We don’t process Request for Pickups or Pickup slips. These generally contain only packaging details with no information on price.
4) Shipping order, bill of landing, consignment receipt or courier receipts: We don’t process Shipping order, bill of landing, consignment receipt, or courier receipts, they do not contain information on price.
5) Invoices with zero printed total: When an invoice has a zero-amount invoice total we don’t process it.
6) Duplicate invoices with exactly the same details: We will not process duplicate invoices received for a second time without any new information.
7) Check from vendor to client: We are unable to process as there are no line item details.
8) Work Ticket or Service Ticket: we cannot process such items as there are no line items and price information.
9) Labor report: This includes your payroll cost for a billing cycle, and we can’t process it as there are no line items or price details.
11) Transaction Receipt: This includes transactions made on the credit/debit card and we can’t process it as there are no line items or price details.
12) Transit receipt: This includes purchases of goods and items that are in transit, you have paid for it but have not physically received it.