Uploading from your phone
With the MarginEdge app on your mobile device, you can upload one invoice or dozens in the blink of an eye. The MarginEdge app is available for iPhones and Android phones. To get the app, search for “marginedge” in the App Store (iphones) or Play Store (android phones).
iPhone - To upload an invoice using your iPhone MarginEdge app:
1. If you placed the order directly with your vendor, then click on the small menu icon in the upper left, and then select "Capture Invoice". (On the original app version, choose "Drop Shipment").
2. If you placed the original order through the MarginEdge system, then find the order that matches the invoice and select that order. For example, below are orders you could select from vendors Profish, Capital Noodle, or JFC:
3. You will immediately see the camera screen allowing you to take a picture. Be sure to fit the entire invoice in the screen. Once you take the photo, if you are happy with it, click "Use Photo". The photo will be sent to MarginEdge.
4. If your invoice was only one page, click "Done". If there are additional pages, click "Add Another Photo" and take a picture of the next page. When you have taken a pic of each page, click "Done."
5. That's it! Your invoice is now permanently stored in your store's ME virtual filing cabinet.
Android – To upload an invoice using your Android phone:
- If you placed the original order through the MarginEdge system, then find the order that matches the invoice and select that order. If you placed the order directly with your vendor, simply click "Capture Invoice" at the top of the screen
- You will immediately see the camera screen allowing you to take a picture. Be sure to fit the entire invoice in the screen. Once you take the photo, if you are happy with it, click "Use Photo".
- If your invoice is more than one page, click “+Add Page for this invoice” to add the next page.
- When you are finished with the invoice, if you have another to send, click “Start Next Invoice”. When you are finished and have no more invoices to send, click "Finish".
- That’s it! You’re done, other than taking a moment to be stunned at how fast and easy it was.
Uploading from email
If you receive a bill or invoice by email and want to get it into MarginEdge, simply forward the email or invoice to your restaurant's unique invoice email inbox, which can be found by going to the Orders > Setup Page in the Invoice Email section. You can also use this email address if you want to tell a vendor to automatically email your invoices to us.
Please note that the size limit on invoices emailed to a meinvoices address is 10MB.
Uploading from MarginEdge
From the Orders page, you can click on "Attach Invoice" and upload documents directly from there. You can upload as many files or pages as needed, but the best practice is to upload one unique invoice at a time.