This feature is a robust system for transferring from a central commissary to your other restaurants that allows you to:
- Manage a set of products within the system that can be distributed from a central commissary location to your other restaurants
- Use your own recipes with up-to-date, dynamic pricing
- Generate order guides for easy ordering
- Place an order, track it and edit it all within MarginEdge
- Get email notification of any orders created
- Input notes on the order for clear communication
- See the transfers reflected on MarginEdge Performance Reports
- Sync the information with your accounting system as journal entries
How Does This Work?
We set up your Commissary Kitchen as if it is a Vendor. You can then create recipes and products that can be transferred from the commissary location to your other restaurants, generating an order and a resulting invoice for full tracking of inventory and costs. Product prices that are associated to corresponding recipes stay updated and managers can easily see, edit, and fulfill inbound orders. You can also download a Prep List that summarizes the total orders and a Pack List that helps organize the deliveries. This should help ease the back and forth of placing, tracking and fulfilling orders.
Once the setup is complete, the Commissary location has a new tab in the Navigation Bar called "Inbound Orders".
Can This Work for My Company?
This feature is designed to facilitate transfers from a central commissary kitchen to your other restaurants and is restricted for use within units that share the same Company Concept in MarginEdge. One location is designated as the “Commissary” and will then be the only unit allowed to create Commissary Items and manage Commissary orders. All other units within the same Company Concept will be able to place an order in MarginEdge as if ordering from any other vendors.
This feature will not accurately track your costs if:
- You have a commissary that sells items to outside companies
- You have a commissary that sells items to companies that don’t share the same Concept in MarginEdge as you
- You transfer products/recipes back and forth between your restaurants instead of it all originating from one central location
- You want to mark up the prices of the products you are transferring
MarginEdge does support a unit having multiple Commissary Kitchens set up. We strongly recommend very different names and different product names so that the order and fulfillment processes do not get confused between them!