RECEIVING AND EDITING
When a new order comes in, you will see it appear on the “Inbound Orders” page in the “Open” status. Designated users at the commissary kitchen will receive an email about the new inbound order.
The order will be updated in real time, and an email will be sent, if the order is changed after it was originally placed. The location placing the order can make edits anytime until you click “Process Order” or "Ship Order".
Click on the Order to open it up for editing and processing.
Note a few things in the image below. You can:
- See which location and which user placed the order
- Delete an item from the order using the red box on the right
- Add another item (if a substitution is needed or last minute request) using the “Add a vendor item” button
- Edit the quantity ordered
Once you have completed any needed edits, you can:
- Read and add any notes if you want to explain any adjustments you have made (Notes included become a chain of notes in the order)
- See the estimated Order Total
- Close the Order
PROCESSING AND CLOSING
You have two options at the bottom of an Order: Process and Ship
- When you click “Process Order”, this locks the order and the unit who placed the order cannot make any further changes. They will see the status as having changed to “In Process”.
- When you click “Ship Order”, this changes the status to “Shipped”. This is the final confirmation for the unit who placed the order to indicate it is ready. This marks it as Closed.
Things to Note:
- You can do Process or Ship in bulk by checking multiple order from the Inbound Orders screen
- You can simply click “Ship” if you don’t want use the intermediary stage of “Process”. Using the “Process Order” button is entirely optional and may or may not work with your operational flow.