You can order all of your products, all in one place, all through MarginEdge. It doesn't matter if your vendor claims to have 'online ordering' or not. Anyone who will accept orders via email can be setup in MarginEdge.
Here are the key steps required to implement this feature with embedded links to details on each step:
- You submit your vendor's invoices and we process them. This generates the information needed to begin the ordering setup process.
- You gather the contact information for the person who should receive the orders via email and set up online ordering. Sometimes it's a sales rep and sometimes they go to a central ordering email, like firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out if any of your managers want to be copied on the orders.
- You organize your order guides, utilizing our multi-unit order guide setup if applicable.
Now you're all ready!
- You place an order and it's emailed to your vendor.
- You will see the PO now displayed on your Orders screen in "sent" status. If you want these to be automatically deleted after the invoice arrives, please email email@example.com to request this be enabled for your company.
Note: Currently we only support EDI ordering for Profish. All other vendors will need to be set up to receive orders via email.
Want to watch instead of read?