Before you can place an order, you'll first have to set up each vendor in [me] so the system knows where to send orders. Remember, as long as your vendor accepts orders via email, then you can use [me] for ordering! Instructions for set up are here: How do I setup online ordering in ME?
Once a vendor is set up, you can order through [me] in this way:
1. Go to Orders > Place New Order in the navigation bar.
2. Select the Vendor from the drop down menu. (You will only see the vendors previously set up for online ordering).
PROTIP You can print this order guide if it's easier for your team to fill it in manually and enter it into MarginEdge later. There's a "Print" button at the bottom of your order guide.
If you realize need to make any edits to the Order Guide, you can do so by clicking the "Order Guide Setup" button in the top right corner of the page.
You will see the order guide populate with Vendor Item name, the Product it's associated with, the Item Code, your most recent purchase Price as well as a little visual representation of any recent price fluctuations.
3. If there are Packaging options, you can choose the correct one from the drop down menu.
4. If you set up Pars for this vendor, they will auto-populate. Manually entering an "On-hand" count will prompt the software to calculate your needed Quantity for you. (As seen above, entering a "0" made a "2" appear in the Quantity column and calculated the Line Price. Note this is not connected to any potential inventory counts.)
5. Scroll through and enter item Quantities for what you'd like to order. An Estimated Total Price will calculate at the bottom.
6. Any additional Vendor Notes can be added at the bottom. You can also click to "Preview" before sending.
7. Once completed, click "Send" at the bottom for a final order review. You'll see a summary of your order for review before sending it to your vendor.
8. Confirm everything is correct and click "Send"!
Need to Make Changes to Your Sent Order?
If you find you need to make adjustments to an order you already placed, you can go back into the order from the Orders page and make changes. Just find the order (it will be in "Sent" status) and click to open it. Make the needed edits and click "Resend". We recommend you communicate directly with your vendor to alert them a new order is coming.
- When you "resend", our system generates a second emailed order to the vendor. We suggest you reach out to your vendor to let them know that the most recent email contains the correct order and that they should disregard the first one. You'll also get a warning telling you this:
- To learn about how to organize your ordering page, go to Order Guide Setup, in the section 'How to change how items are organized.'
- To include someone from your team on every order email that goes out, see step #3 in this article: How do I set up online ordering in ME?
- If you don't want to allow orders to be edited, see turning off this feature in step #5 in this article: How do I set up online ordering in ME?