You can order all of your products, all in one place, all through MarginEdge. Simplify your ordering process and save time! AND impress your friends at other restaurants who are still chasing vendors by phone and fax.
It doesn't matter if your vendor claims to have 'online ordering' or not. Some vendors do in fact receive orders through a direct connection (EDI, or computer-speak for systems talking to each other), but the vast majority of vendors don't. For the rest, email works just fine! Sometimes these order emails go to a sales rep, and sometimes the order emails go to a central ordering email, like firstname.lastname@example.org. This article addresses getting your vendor setup to receive orders from ME through email.
How to setup a vendor for online ordering:
1. Make sure the vendor exists for your restaurant or location. To verify it does, navigate to Vendors > Vendors from the main left menu. There you will see a list of all vendors that MarginEdge has processed invoices for. If you don't see the vendor you want to order from, contact your Account Manager.
2. Assuming you find the vendor you want, click on that vendor to go to that vendor's details page. There you will see all the items ordered from that vendor, plus all the past orders for that vendor.
3. Click the blue edit button as shown below.
4. Once on the Edit Vendor page, look about halfway down the page for "Online Ordering" and the checkbox with question "Will you be placing orders via MarginEdge". Check this box as shown below and then add the email address orders will be sent to.
NOTE: It's very important to confirm with the vendor the correct email address where they will receive orders. This might be a central email like email@example.com, or it might be your sales rep's address. You can have the order sent to more than one email - see the next step for that.
5. If you'd like the order emails to go to more than one address, you can make that happen by adding one or more Contacts. Just click the green "+Contacts" button, and then as you add the contact's information, be sure to add an email address and then select "Yes" under the "CC" column - this means that Contact will be copied on every order email that goes out for that vendor. See below for an example:
TIP: To have a copy of every email sent to someone on your staff, you can use the same approach as described above. Add them as a contact, include their email, and click "Yes" under "CC" and they'll receive copies of every one.
6. You can add a note to be included with every order for this vendor. Just put the note in the box under the line "Notes to add to all orders from this vendor". For example, you might include "Please text Robert (703-703-7030) to confirm receipt", or "Please call Robert (703-703-7030) if any items are out of stock", or "All deliveries go to the blue side door", etc. You get the idea!
That's it, you're ready to go. Next step - placing orders!