Summer’s hot, but we think MarginEdge is hotter! Read on to find out how we’ve made MarginEdge sizzle.
No time now? Find this info, along with all our Product Release Notes, anytime at email@example.com or by clicking the question mark button in the top right-hand corner of your MarginEdge screen.
Don’t forget our training help - new team members, experts and anyone who just wants a refresher are welcome. Our weekly training opportunities are always free and unlimited.
- Brian Mills, SVP of Operations
PS - We’re interested in hearing what’s on your mind – send us feedback and any ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Product Release Notes
July 29, 2019
- Managing Payment Terms Just Got Easier – Now it’s even simpler to set up vendors for Bill Pay. You can already edit vendor payment terms by finding the vendor on the main Vendors page, but now you can also view or edit payment terms while using the Vendor Setup screen as you enable Bill Pay for the vendor. Bonus: if you use QuickBooks, Intacct or Xero, with one click you can import all the vendor settings, including payment terms, from your accounting system. Find more help on this here - How do I setup vendors to pay them with MarginEdge Bill Pay?
Users & Admin:
- Control Freak Your Notifications – MarginEdge has a powerful array of notification options . . . and now it’s even easier to manage which ones go to which users. The new Notifications feature allows any Restaurant Admin to tailor which types of email notifications are sent to either specific Users or to all of a specific Role. Notifications can be controlled for one location or all locations. For more information about this update, visit the article explaining this new User Notifications Feature.
- Introducing the Sous-Chef Role – We listened: many of you asked about access rights for your sous-chef, so we cooked up a brand-new user Role. The new Sous-Chef Role has the same permissions as a User, but with some extra abilities around Recipes. Sous-chefs can create or edit recipes for their restaurant but cannot share them with other locations without Restaurant Admin permission. Learn more about Sous-Chef and all Roles here, What are the different user permissions in MarginEdge?, or to add or change a Role, see How can I change a user's role in MarginEdge?
- Richer Recipes – We’ve added more options when it comes to illustrating your recipes. With the Recipes viewer, you can now include one or more instructional videos and also associate multiple images with any recipe.
- Inventory Export – If you sometimes want to export inventory for offline analysis, we’ve got you covered! With the click of an "Export" button, you can now export any inventory count sheet into a CSV file for use with Excel.
- Cross-Location Vendor Configuration – If you have multiple locations, we just found another way to save you a little more time! In Vendor settings, you can control how you want certain recurring items categorized (taxes or delivery, for example), plus note how you want handwritten vendor credits handled. Now, you can specify these settings for all locations at once. From the main Vendors page, look for the new "Configure Defaults" button at the top right of the screen. To learn more about these Vendor settings, visit the help article on Advanced Vendor Configuration Settings.
- See Invoices Without Leaving the Page – We just streamlined ourselves: when using the Accounting > Export page, there is now no need to leave the page to view invoices. Just select one or more invoices, click "View Invoices" and you’ll immediately see the original invoice images.
- Credit Card Fees Data for Toast Users – We’re now collecting data on credit card processing fees in our feed from Toast POS. Contact our support team if you would like these fees to be part of your daily journal entries.
Theoretical Reporting and PMIX Mapping:
- Enhanced Support for Modifiers – If our integration with your POS supports modifiers, we can do more than ever to map these modifiers for inclusion in your theoretical usage reporting. We now allow you to map not only the product or recipe added by a modifier, but also products that the modifier takes out of each menu item (such as when making substitutions). For more info, check out How Do I Setup PMIX Mapping?
- Sail – integration is complete.
- Menusifu – integration is complete.
- MobileBytes – integration is complete.
For those counting, yes, we do indeed now support more than 40 POS systems!!