Things To Know First:
- 7shifts can only provide labor data to MarginEdge.
- If you already have a POS system connected to MarginEdge, then adding 7shifts will be treated like adding another POS system.
- In order to integrate 7shifts in MarginEdge, you’ll need to be using “The Works” version or higher in 7shifts.
- If this is your scenario, please email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting that the multi-POS feature be enabled so that you can connect 7shifts.
Once you have everything in place and are ready to connect 7shifts and MarginEdge:
Log in to MarginEdge. If you have access to multiple locations, check that you are in the correct location you want to connect.
Go to Setup > Point of Sale. You’ll see your existing POS connection on this page. You’ll also see a button labeled “Add Point of Sale”. Click this button. (If you do not see this button, please send an email to email@example.com.)
Select “7shifts” from the drop-down.
4. Click the “Connect to 7shifts” button.
5. A separate browser window will launch that asks you first to log in to 7shifts. Please enter your 7shifts credentials and log in.
6. After you log in to 7shifts, you will be asked to grant MarginEdge access to your data in 7shifts. Click “Grant Access” to continue.
7. The next screen will allow you to copy a token from 7shifts. Click “Copy my token”.
8. Reopen MarginEdge in a new browser window. Go to Setup>Point of Sale>Configure 7Shifts and paste the token that you just copied into the password field.
9. Next, you’ll need to go back to the Copy my token browsers page and click the back arrow
to log in to 7shifts to obtain your store location ID.
Alternatively, you can open a separate browser window or tab, and login to 7shifts (https://www.7shifts.com/).
10. Once you are logged back into 7Shifts, click on the left side of the screen and click on Developer Tools.
12. Click the “Save” button.
Once set up, the process for pulling in data from 7shifts will be completely automated. Your prior day’s time and attendance data from 7shifts will be available in MarginEdge each morning.