MarginEdge Bill Pay is a breeze to set up, and in just a few steps you’ll be ready to pay your first bills, minus the envelopes and stamps!
How to Set Up Bill Pay
(Please note: This process will need to be completed in each restaurant unit.)
- From the main menu, go to Bill Pay > Setup.
- Next, click Turn on Bill Pay (if you don't see this button, no worries - it has already been pressed)
- To set up your bank account, click Manage Bank Accounts
- Here you can enter your Company Information as you’d like it to appear on your payments.
- Next, select Add a Bank Account. If you’ve already set up a bank account in another of your locations, you can use the Import Bank Account option instead.
- Enter your bank account's Routing Number, Account Number, Account Holder Name and Account Holder Type
- Add a signature using drag-and-drop for an existing signature file, or sign using a mouse or stylus.
- The Payment Account dropdown lists all accounts from your accounting system's general ledger. Select the account that matches the bank account you are setting up so MarginEdge can sync payments to your accounting system.
- Check the box to enable Electronic Payments
- Click Preview to see what your payments will look like. Review to make sure all the information on your check is correct.
- Click Save
- Note: Once you add a bank account during ME Bill Pay setup, a new Payment Account is automatically created in MarginEdge. These are found under Accounting > Payment Accounts. The new account will have the format of the example below and will be used to identify where payments are recorded in your accounting system.
- Now that you have set up a bank account, you are ready to select and configure the vendors you want to pay with ME Bill Pay. Step-by-step instructions here.