MarginEdge Bill Pay is a breeze to set up, and in just a few steps you’ll be ready to pay your first bills, minus the envelopes and stamps!
How to Set Up Bill Pay
(Please note: This process will need to be completed in each restaurant unit.)
- From the main menu, go to Setup > Integrations.
- In the middle of the screen, select the option for ME Bill Pay as shown below. Even if this button is already turned on, you will still need to press it for set up.
- Next, click the button to Connect to ME Bill Pay.
- On the next screen, enter your Company Information as you’d like it to appear on your checks.
- Next, select Add a Bank Account. If you’ve already set up a bank account in another of your locations, you can use theImport Bank Account option instead. Enter your routing number, account number, account name and account type.
- Next, add a signature using drag-and-drop for an existing signature file, or sign using a mouse or stylus. When you preview the check, your signature may appear on a white background; don’t worry, only your signature, not the white background, will print on the check.
- Save your work. MarginEdge will not allow you to save until you have previewed the check. Review the check to make sure all the information on your check is correct. If it is, press save, or go back to make any adjustments.
- Note: Once you add a bank account during ME Bill Pay setup, a new Payment Account is automatically created in MarginEdge. These are found under Accounting > Payment Accounts. The new account will have the format of the example below and will be used to identify where payments are recorded in your accounting system.
- After this process, you still need to set up your vendors with specific information (such as payment terms) for Bill Pay before you can make payments.