- Using a web browser login to MarginEdge – https://app.marginedge.com If you have more than one unit, be sure to change to the correct unit.
- Go to Setup > Integrations. In the section labeled “Point of Sale”, find and click on the button for "Focus POS".
- Click the “Download Installer” button.
- You will get a popup window showing a Username and Password. You need to write these down, or you can copy/paste to a notepad.
- Click on the file link shown next to "Installer URL" to download the installer file.
- Run the downloaded installer if the browser doesn't automatically run it for you. You may see a warning about unsigned software -- we're working on that. In the meantime, please permit the installer to run.
- The installer should take a few minutes to complete its work. Once it has finished, you're done.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2-3 times in the upcoming 5 business days where you would be available to get us remote access into your back office computer. All that is required of you is having access to that computer and 5 minutes of your time - we will take care of the rest.
The ME software for the POS doesn't have an application icon and should not require any further attention from you. It's intended to be completely automated and will ship that last day of sales to the MarginEdge cloud every morning.
Once we connect to your back office machine, it will take a few days between when the installs are completed and when you start seeing your sales data in the software, since ME has to complete an internal mapping process to make sure everything imports correctly.