Below are the instructions to connect your Lightspeed U-series (formerly Breadcrumb / Upserve) POS account to MarginEdge. You will need to complete work in MarginEdge and Lightspeed U-series.
In Lightspeed (Formerly Breadcrumb / Upserve)
Open a new window/browser and log into your Upserve cloud platform using your own credentials.
Create a new account for MarginEdge. This account should have access to all reports in your restaurant.
- Log into MarginEdge (www.marginedge.com). If you have access to multiple locations, check you are in the correct location you want to connect.
- Go to Setup > Integrations > Point of Sale. In the dropdown, select Breadcrumb (Upserve).
- Enter the credentials to the new account you just created.
- Once you have entered your credentials, click the Save button, then click the Verify Credentials button. Verifying your credentials may take up to 30 seconds. Once your credentials have been successfully verified, you should see a success message.
- Click the Next button to advance to Step 2: Select your Location. Using the dropdown, select the Store Location you are currently setting up. Once selected, click Save then Next.
- In Step 3: Configure Sales Data, answer the questions to configure how you would like to see your sales reported in your daily sales email and accounting system.
Once you have answered each question click the Next button to advance to Step 4: Review and Complete.
If MarginEdge is able to create balanced sales data from Upserve, you will be able to review a preview of your sales data from the past 7 days. If you want to reconfigure your sales data, you can go back to step 3 and change your answers.
If your sales data looks good, click the Finish button to complete setup. At this point, we will import you historical sales data over the next 24-48 hours. Once setup, the process will be completely automate, with the prior day’s sales sent to MarginEdge every morning.
Note: If MarginEdge is unable to create balanced sales data, click the Finish button and someone on the onboarding team will review your data. Your implementation manager will contact you in the next 24-48 hours to confirm your setup once they have reviewed your account.