Below are the instructions to connect Square POS to MarginEdge.
1. Login to MarginEdge (www.marginedge.com). If you have access to multiple locations, be sure you are in the correct location you want to connect.
2. Go to Setup > Integrations> Point of Sale. Click on button that shows “Square”. Click “Connect to Square”.
3. Enter your Square username and password. (Most clients use their own login information.)
- If you use your own, it must have "admin rights" and NOT have a two factor identification setting.
- If you'd prefer, you can create a new login/password in Square just for MarginEdge and use that here. However, please make sure the created user has "Admin Rights"
4. Enter your "Store Location ID". If you do not already have this information, please add your location name in this field and we'll replace it with the ID from Square.
Click “Save” and email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you were able to follow the sets above. Once setup, the process will be completely automated, with the prior day's sales sent to the MarginEdge cloud every morning.
NOTE: It will still take a day or two after you connect before you start seeing your sales data in the software.