Below are the instructions to connect Square POS to MarginEdge.
1. Login to MarginEdge (app.marginedge.com). If you have access to multiple locations, be sure you are in the correct location you want to connect.
2. Go to Setup > Point of Sale. Click on button that shows “Square”. Click “Connect to Square”. You will then be redirected to Square.
3. In order to pull sales in MarginEdge, you'll need to grant us permission to read your Square data. To do that, enter your Square username and password, if you are not already logged in. We will then ask you for the necessary permissions. Upon granting the permission, you will be redirected back to MarginEdge.
4. Enter your "Store Location ID". If you do not already have this information, please add your location name in this field and we'll replace it with the ID from Square.
5. Click “Save”
6. If you are currently in onboarding and working with an implementation manger, please email email@example.com to confirm you were able to complete these steps. If you are not currently in onboarding, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once setup, the process will be completely automated, with the prior day's sales sent to the MarginEdge cloud every morning.
NOTE: It will still take a day or two after you connect before you start seeing your sales data in the software.