You will need to complete work in MarginEdge and WooCommerce:
In Woo Commerce
- Log in as admin inside your Woo Commerce / WordPress platform.
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings
- Select the "Advanced" tab, and click "REST API":
- Create a key by clicking on the "Add key" button, set "MarginEdge" as the Description and select the Permissions to be "Read"
- Once you hit Generate API Key, you will get the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret values. Do not close this tab until you are done plugging in this information into MarginEdge, as you will only have one shot at seeing this data.
Back In MarginEdge
- Log into MarginEdge (www.marginedge.com). If you have access to multiple locations, check you are in the correct location you want to connect.
- Go to Setup> Point of Sale. Click "Connect to Point of Sale".
- Search for “Woo Commerce” and select it.
- Enter your "Domain" You may not know this as it's not an obvious or commonly used ID, but it is in your browser window when you are logged in to your store. Generally, when looking at reports, you would see a URL like https://myrestaurantexample.com/wp-admin/, then myrestaurantexample is the domain you are looking for here.
- Your username and password are the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret you generated above, respectively.
- Save changes by clicking "Save".
- Email email@example.com to confirm you were able to complete these steps.
Once set up, the process will be completely automated. Your prior day's sales will be sent to the MarginEdge cloud every morning.