- Navigate to Setup > Company > Company Information and take note of your ACCOUNT ID. You will need it later.
- NetSuite Setup > Company > Enable Features > Suite Cloud > Manage Authentication Enable Token-Based Authentication
Set up a new integration under Setup > Integrations > Manage Integrations - > New
Set the name to "MarginEdge". Please make sure to tick the Token-Based Authentication option, uncheck the "TBA: AUTHORIZATION FLOW" and "AUTHORIZATION CODE GRANT" option, and check the "TBA: ISSUETOKEN ENDPOINT" option.Note: At this point, once you hit "Save", there will be a "Consumer Key" and "Consumer Secret" generated for this integration under the Client Credentials section. Copy them somewhere safe, as you will need them to enable the integration inside MarginEdge.
- Create a new role to access the newly created integration by going to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles > New
The role should have the following permissions:
The role should also have "ALL" ticked on under the Accessible Subsidiaries section and the "WEB SERVICES ONLY ROLE" ticked on under the Authentication section.
- Assign your user (or the user you intend to use) the role you've created. You can do so under Lists > Employees > (Select the user) > edit user > Access > Roles.
- Create a new Access Token: Setup > Users/Roles > Access Tokens > New
When creating, make sure that you the token is assigned to the role you've created above.
Note: as in the step above, please make sure to take note of the Token ID and Token Secret when creating the token. You will need those.
- Navigate to Setup - > Company - > Locations to take note of the location number you will be connecting. Navigate to Setup - > Company - > Subsidiaries to take note of the subsidiary number you will be connecting.
Note: if you do not see internal ID's, you can temporarily enable them under Home –> Set Preferences –> General Tab –> Set Defaults –> Show Internal IDs.
Once you have all of the information above, you can turn the integration on in MarginEdge by going to Setup > Integrations and choose NetSuite from the dropdown menu. You will see the following screen:
- Your NetSuite wsURL is in the URL you see when you are logged in to NetSuite. For example, when logged in to NetSuite, if the website you are on is https://my-awesome-restaurant.app.netsuite.com/, then your NetSuite wsURL is https://my-awesome-restaurant.suitetalk.api.netsuite.com
- Your NetSuite Account Name ID is the Account ID field in NetSuite you found earlier in Step 1 of the In NetSuite steps above.
- The Customer Key and Customer Secret fields are what you noted down in Step 4 above.
- Token ID and Token secret are fields you found in Step 6 above.
- Your location ID and subsidiary are from your Step 7 above.
If you want to send invoice images when you export from MarginEdge, you'll need this next set of options. If you don't, then just head straight to that Save button!
- NetSuite Attachment Folder Id: Within NetSuite, you'll need to go to Documents and Create a new folder. Be sure you have internal id turned on for your view, so you can see the id and enter it here.
- Click the box to "attach photos to items sent to NetSuite"
- If you want the images to come independently or merged as one, use the "Send photos as one combined PDF" box to make your selection.
For example, the screenshots below show what it looks like in NetSuite and what the settings are in MarginEdge:
After you have filled in all the fields, save the page and let our our onboarding team know you have finished. We’ll confirm the categories and vendors are populating in MarginEdge and then you be ready to move forward.
If you have any trouble with this integration, our team will be happy to assist you.