Below are the instructions to install our Squirrel POS integration software. These steps must be performed on your POS backend computer:
- Using a web browser login to MarginEdge – https://app.marginedge.com If you have more than one unit, be sure to change to the correct unit.
- Go to Setup > Integrations. In the section labeled “Point of Sale”, find and click on the button for "Squirrel".
- Click the “Download Installer” button.
- You will get a popup window showing a Username and Password. You need to write these down, or you can copy/paste to a notepad.
- Click on the file link shown next to "Installer URL" to download the installer file.
- Run the downloaded installer if the browser doesn't automatically run it for you. Make sure to select Squirrel as your selected POS. You may see a warning about unsigned software -- we're working on that. In the meantime, please permit the installer to run.
- The installer should take a few minutes to complete its work. Once it has finished, you're done.
- If you are currently in onboarding and working with an implementation manger, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm you were able to complete these steps. If you are not currently in onboarding, please email email@example.com.
If you have a firewall that needs configuring, see Firewall Instructions at bottom. If you don't have a firewall active, you can ignore this.
The ME software for the POS doesn't have an application icon and should not require any further attention from you. It's intended to be completely automated and will ship that last day of sales to the MarginEdge cloud every morning.
It will still take a few days between when the installs are completed and when you start seeing your sales data in the software, since ME has to complete an internal mapping process to make sure everything imports correctly.
- Allow outbound access to marginedge.com
- Allow a program called PSCP.EXE to be run on the computer. (This is a file transfer program we use.)
- The firewall should also permit traffic to 184.108.40.206 on port 22 (SSH) (This is our integration server, where nightly data exports will be sent.)