What is a reimbursement?
Reimbursement is repaying an employee for a purchase made on behalf of the restaurant.
What do we need in the reimbursement invoice to process it?
A reimbursement invoice/receipt should have the following:
- Name of the employee/person the reimbursement is payable to
- Total amount
- Payment account
- Items purchased (not required but preferable)
- Category (not required but preferable)
The following is a sample of a reimbursement form.
What do I do with the Reimbursement form?
- Scroll to the bottom of this article to download and print the reimbursement form
- Complete the sections in the form.
- Attach your invoice to the form (see sample form below)
- Take a picture of the complete form and upload it to MarginEdge.
How do we process reimbursement slips/invoices?
- Vendor Name= Name of Employee that the reimbursement is being made to.
- Invoice date= Date on reimbursement form, if no date is listed, we will use the date on the invoice that is attached to the reimbursement form.
- Line items= Line items from receipt attached to the reimbursement form.
- Invoice Total= Amount on the reimbursement form, else we will use the total on the invoice that is attached with the reimbursement form.
- Payment Account= The payment account on the reimbursement form, if no payment account is mentioned on the reimbursement form, we will close to AP