Any Restaurant Admin within the unit where the Commissary is located can:
- Create and edit Commissary Vendor Items
- Create and edit Commissary Vendor Recipe
For a Commissary, you have two options for creating a Commissary Product that can be put on the order guide for your receiving units:
1) Create a Commissary Recipe
Pros: Can use multiple products to generate the recipe and the price will update in real-time based on the prices of those individual ingredients
Cons: Can only include products that are categorized as "Food" or "Beverage"
2) Create a Commissary Vendor Item
Pros: You can quickly create a vendor Item and set packaging and pricing for an existing product
Cons: Whatever price you set, it’s fixed and not dynamic
Commissaries can generate Vendor Items directly from Prepared Items Recipes and then place them on the receiving units’ order guides. The price will dynamically adjust.
- From within the Commissary Unit, create a new prepared item.
- Check the box that says “This is a Commissary Vendor Recipe”
- Choose a Category — this is the Category for the Product that will be used to place this on the Order Guide
- By default, we will generate categories using the ingredients of the recipe, splitting it up proportionally if needed.
- Packaging: this is simply a label description for the order guide, it does not convert anything and does not need to be scientific. You can edit it later by editing the Vendor Item the recipe generated.
- Quantity and Unit need to be actual measurable amounts and will require a conversion if it can't be done automatically by the system. Once set, this cannot be changed later. You can add additional packaging options if needed by editing the Vendor Item the recipe generated.
- Price is automatically set in the recipe for the item
- Can set conversions if you are creating a large batch and selling it by the piece
- Once you save the recipe, it will automatically generate a new Vendor Item and a new Product!
Things to note:
- Item code is automatically created from the recipe name.
- If there is a change in the price of an ingredient in a Commissary Recipe, the price of the corresponding Vendor Item will update in all units in the company concept
- Recipes for the commissary can be restricted to the commissary if so desired. This means another unit won’t see the details of the recipe, but can still place an order for the product that has been generated by that recipe.