Importing a certificate to your Epson label printer
1 - Download the certificate from MarginEdge’s recipe viewer
- A) Navigate to the Printer Setup page and click the ‘Download Certificate’ button
- B) Save the file somewhere on your computer.
2 - Import the certificate into your label printer
- A) Navigate to your printer’s setup page in your web browser
- Open your browser and enter the printer’s IP address in the address bar
- Enter the username and password for the printer, which will likely be the default:
- Username: epson
- Password: epson
- B) From the menu on the left sidebar, select Certificate Import
- Select ‘Password Protected PKCS#12 Certificate’ as the File Type
- Use the ‘Choose File’ button to select the certificate you recently downloaded from MarginEdge
- Enter ‘marginedge’ as the Password
- Select the Import button and click Reset on the following screen
- Wait for your printer to restart and navigate back to the printer’s setup home page in the browser
- C) From the menu on the left sidebar, select SSL/TLS
- Scroll down to the list of certificates
- Find the CA-Signed Certificate that has ‘*.marginedgedevices.com’ as its subject (It will usually be ‘CA-Signed Certificate1’)
- Using the top menu, set the Server Certificate to the CA-Signed Certificate that we noted in step ii.
- Leave Encryption Strength as ‘Medium’ and Automatic Redirect HTTP to HTTPS as ‘Enable’.
- Select the Send button and reset your printer
- D) To test installation, navigate to your printer’s IP address in the browser as before.
- However, replace all periods with underscores (‘_’) and add ‘.marginedgedevices.com’ to the end.
- For example, if your printer’s IP address was 192.168.1.106, you would navigate to 192_168_1_106.marginedgedevices.com. Your printer setup page should now be displayed here.
- E) You have now installed a CA-Signed certificate to your label printer! Good work!
Have more questions? Submit a request