1 - Set up your Epson printer using the manufacturer’s instructions; load the recommended labels:
2 - Connect your printer to the same network as your Recipe Viewer device by plugging the printer into the network’s router/modem using an ethernet cable.
3 -Download EpsonNet Config to your device:
To download, check "Accept" and click "Download" at the bottom of the page
Instructions for setting up your printer’s IP address:
- A) Start the EpsonNet Config application:
- Windows 10: Click the Start Menu > All apps > EpsonNet > EpsonNet Config
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen, select EpsonNet, and select EpsonNet Config
- Windows (other than v. 10 ): Click on Start Menu > All apps > EpsonNet > EpsonNet Config
- Mac: Click on Applications folder > Epson Software folder > EpsonNet > EpsonNet Config > double- click the EpsonNet Config icon
- B) After a few moments, the program will display connected devices, including your Epson printer (If your Epson printer is not displayed, check the ethernet connection and click Refresh)
- C) Double-click the Epson printer
- D) From the menu on the left, select Network, select TCP/IP, and select Basic. You will see a window like this:
- E) Check the boxes Automatic and Set using Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA)
- To configure the printer’s IP address manually, uncheck these boxes and enter the product's IP address, Subnet Mask, and Default Gateway settings in the fields provided.)
- F) Click Transmit
- G) Write down the printer’s IP address (Click Refresh if the printer’s IP address does not appear)
5- Set up the printer on your web browser
- A) Open your browser and enter the printer’s IP address in the address bar
- B) If your browser tells you the connection is not secure, proceed anyway. Really.
- In Google Chrome, you may see the message “Your connection is not private.” Click Advanced and then click Proceed.
- In Internet Explorer, you may see the message “This site is not secure.” Click Details and then click Go on to the webpage.
- C) Enter the username and password for the printer, which will likely be the default:
- Username: epson
- Password: epson
- D) From the menu on the left, go to Configuration and select ePos-Print (see below)
- F) Enable ePos-Print and type “MarginEdge” into the Device ID field (see below)
- G) Ensure Printing Method is set to "Thermal (180dpi)
- H) Click Send
6) Connect your printer to Recipe Viewer
- A) If you plan to print from an iPad or any other device that is NOT the device you set you printer up on, you will need to navigate to your printer’s IP address in the device’s browser and login again (see step 5).
- B) Log into the MarginEdge Recipe Viewer: https://recipes.marginedge.com/
- C) From the My Account screen, select Printer Setup
- D) Select Epson as the Printer Type
- E) Enter the IP Address and Device ID (“MarginEdge”) from your printer
- F) Print a test to make sure the connection is working
- G) Save the setup
Congratulations – you’re now ready to start printing labels directly from Recipe Viewer!