The products page is where you will see all of your products that have been created in MarginEdge. When invoices are processed, our team looks at each food or beverage vendor item and either matches it to an existing product, or creates a new one if no appropriate one exists. If your restaurant shares a Concept with other units, you will be sharing one product list for all locations.
When you go to Products > Products in the left hand navigation bar, you will see these columns:
- Name - The generic product name that may be used for a variety of Vendor Items
- Category - the Category is mapped to the GL Code/account for coding things in your accounting system
- Accounting Code - If your accounting system uses codes, they will be listed here
- Item Count - This is how many Vendor Items are associated with this Product
- On Inventory - Is this Product currently on your inventory Count Sheet?
- Count by Unit - This is the Unit of Measure in which the product is inventoried
- Price - This shows the most recent price you paid to purchase this item
How to Edit Your Products
Only a user with Restaurant Admin privileges can edit products.
As a Restaurant Admin, you are able to update/edit products. You are able to update/edit a Products Name, Category, Add/Remove from Inventory, adjust the Vendor Item associated with it, and change the Unit of Measure.
Click on the "Edit Product" button to make any changes.
See below for instructions on each part of this Product page along with associated links to further information about the topic.
- Name - You can edit or update the name of a product
Tip: product names should not be abbreviations or nicknames!
- Category - You can edit or add a category
[How to Change a Product's Category]
- Tax Exempt - Check this box if you are not required to pay taxes for this product
[Making Products Tax Exempt]
- The product should be inventoried - Check this box if you intend to inventory the product
- Count Sheets - You can indicate what count sheet(s) you want to add this product to.
- Unit of Measure - How do you count this product on your inventory
[How to change the count by unit of measure of a product]
- How Many… - This is the conversion between how you count the product and how it is purchased
- Remove - If the Vendor Item is associated with the wrong product then you can remove and associate it to the correct product with this button
[What is the association between a Vendor Item & Product?]
- Unit of Measure – If you need to add the conversion for your recipes you can do that here
- History/Price Details - History is where you can see who made changes to the products. Price Details is a history of the price changes.
- SAVE - Don't forget to SAVE YOUR WORK!
To add a new Product please follow these steps: How to add products in MargineEdge