You will need to complete work in MarginEdge and Toast:
- Log into MarginEdge (www.marginedge.com). If you have access to multiple locations, check you are in the correct location you want to connect.
- Go to Setup> Integrations> Point of Sale. Type “Toast.” into the field and choose it from the drop down menu. Click “Connect to Toast.”
3. Once you click on "Connect to Toast" scroll to the bottom of the page to see the screenshot below.
- Open a new window/browser and log into your Toast site using your own credentials.
- Create an account for MarginEdge as a new employee using the unique MarginEdge email address shown below the Username field. The unique email address will be a combination of letters and number, not the example email that is shown above
- Select to "Invite to Backend"
- Ensure the account has full access to reports for your restaurant. Typically this means a level of GM or Owner.
- Click "Add" and we will receive an email to activate the account!
- If you have multiple locations, you can use the same employee account for all locations. Just adjust the permissions so that the user has full access in all locations and then copy and paste the same email address you used into each of your units' POS settings in MarginEdge.
Back In MarginEdge
1. Navigate back into Setup> Integrations> Point of Sale> Toast or go back to the page you left open in MarginEdge.
2. Put in the email and a dummy password for the user you’ve just created in Toast. Our integrations team will generate a password once the account is activated and set up.
3. Enter your restaurant name for your Location ID. This is not an obvious or commonly used ID so we'll replace it with the correct ID from Toast.
4. Click Save.
5. If you have multiple locations, repeat this in the other ones using the same email address as the one used to set up the user/employee.
Once we see the credentials entered, we will complete the set up by pulling historical sales and balancing the entries. Then the process will be completely automated and your prior day's sales will be sent to the MarginEdge cloud every morning!