Now that you've added a bank account and your company information (instructions here), you need to select the vendors you want to pay with ME Bill Pay and make sure there's a remittance address and adjust any settings for each one. Here's how:
From the main MarginEdge menu, go to Bill Pay > Setup, and click Manage Bill Pay Vendors to go to the Vendor Setup screen:
In the Vendor Setup screen, you will see a list of all of your vendors that are in MarginEdge. Only invoices from vendors that have a "Yes" in the "Pay with Bill Pay?" column will show up on your main Bill Pay Invoices screen. Enable the vendors you want to pay using ME Bill Pay by clicking on them and toggling the "Bill Pay Enabled?" switch to "On". Disable the vendors that you do not want to pay using ME Bill Pay by toggling this switch to "Off".
PRO TIP: to Enable/Disable multiple vendors at once (instead of clicking into each one), use the checkbox column on the left side of the vendor table in the Vendor Setup screen, then select Enable/Disable from the "Bulk Actions" dropdown at the top of the table:
All Enabled vendors need to be Configured before you can send them payments. Put more simply, we need an address to send the payments to. You can see whether a vendor is configured or not by looking at the Vendor Configured column in the Vendor Setup screen.
To configure enabled vendors individually, click into the vendor and enter the following:
- "Pull all information below from the accounting system." Our team captures remittance addresses and payment terms when available. You may prefer to sync this information from your accounting system by checking this box. *See below for more information.
- "Start Bill Pay" date - All invoices from before this date will be excluded from your main Bill Pay Invoices screen. This is an easy way to avoid showing uploaded invoices that have already been paid outside of ME Bill Pay. If you leave this field blank, you will see all invoices for this vendor that have been closed to AP
- Mailing address - REQUIRED for delivery!
- Account number
- Payment terms - MarginEdge uses the payment terms from this screen to calculate the due date for all invoices from this vendor. If you select the default option "No due date", our system uses the date of the invoice as the due date.
- "Always send a confirmation email..." - this box allows you to set a preference regarding whether you want the vendor to receive an email when the payment has been sent. If you leave this blank, you are also given the choice to send the email each time you confirm a payment. Learn more here.
*Note: This "Pull from accounting system" box only appears as an option if the vendor has been mapped to a vendor in your accounting system. MarginEdge does not export any remittance addresses or payment terms to your accounting system.
You can do this individually, or you can set this for all Bill Pay Vendors by going to the Vendors settings page. There's instructions on how to do this here. Unchecking this box will not remove the information pulled from your system but will allow you to edit it or add to it as necessary.
When all the necessary information has been added for a vendor, the Vendor Configured column in the Vendor Setup screen will change from “No” to “Yes”.
Once you've selected and configured the vendors you want to pay with ME Bill Pay, you'll be ready to pay your bills! For help, see the article -