Below are the instructions to install our Aldelo integration software. These steps must be performed on the POS backend computer:
- Using a web browser login to MarginEdge – https://app.marginedge.com If you have more than one unit, be sure to change to the correct unit.
- Go to Setup > Integrations. In the section labeled “Point of Sale”, find and click on "Aldelo".
- Click the “Download Installer” button.
- You will get a popup window showing a Username and Password. You need to write these down, or you can copy/paste to a notepad.
- Click on the file link shown next to "Installer URL" to download the installer file.
- Run the downloaded installer if the browser doesn't automatically run it for you. You may see a warning about unsigned software -- we're working on that. In the meantime, please permit the installer to run. Select the correct POS from the dropdown list.
- The installer should take a few minutes to complete its work. Once it has finished, you're done with the install.
- To help us ensure the data is configured properly, please send 5 individual days of DSR's (daily sales reports). Email those to firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have a firewall that needs configuring, see Firewall Instructions at bottom. If you don't have a firewall active, you can ignore this.
The ME software for the POS doesn't have an application icon and should not require any further attention from you. It's intended to be completely automated and will ship that last day of sales to the MarginEdge cloud every morning.
Once we receive your DSR's (see #8 above), it will still take a few days between when the installs are completed and when you start seeing your sales data in the software, since ME has to complete an internal mapping process to make sure everything imports correctly.
- Allow outbound access to marginedge.com
- Allow a program called PSCP.EXE to be run on the computer. (This is a file transfer program we use.)
- The firewall should also permit traffic to 188.8.131.52 on port 22 (SSH) (This is our integration server, where nightly data exports will be sent.)