- Using a web browser login to MarginEdge – https://app.marginedge.com If you have more than one unit, be sure to change to the correct unit.
- Go to Setup > Integrations. In the section labeled “Point of Sale”, find and click on the button for "Total Touch".
- Click the “Download Installer” button.
- You will get a popup window showing a Username and Password. You need to write these down, or you can copy/paste to a notepad.
- Click on the file link shown next to "Installer URL" to download the installer file.
- Run the downloaded installer if the browser doesn't automatically run it for you. You may see a warning about unsigned software -- we're working on that. In the meantime, please permit the installer to run. When prompted, select your specific POS software.
- The installer should take a few minutes to complete its work. Once it has finished, you're done.
- To help us ensure the data is configured properly, please send 5 individual days of DSR's (daily sales reports). Email those to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The ME software for the POS doesn't have an application icon and should not require any further attention from you. It's intended to be completely automated and will ship that last day of sales to the MarginEdge cloud every morning.
Once we receive your DSR's (see #8 above), it will take a few days between when the installs are completed and when you start seeing your sales data in the software, since ME has to complete an internal mapping process to make sure everything imports correctly.