Below are the instructions to install our Aloha POS integration software.
One important note: You will need to get Aloha/NCR Support to put LANDesk into learning mode prior to attempting to install.
See below for more details:
Firewall / LANDesk Details:
Please put LANDesk in learning mode (this will require Aloha/NCR assistance.) If you have an additional firewall here are the specific things that need to change:
- Allow outbound access to *marginedge.com
- Allow a program called PSCP.EXE to be run on the computer. (This is a file transfer program we use.)
- The firewall should also permit traffic to 220.127.116.11 on port 22 (SSH) (This is our integration server, where nightly data exports will be sent.)
Installing the ME software:
The following steps must be performed on the POS backend computer:
- Using a web browser login to MarginEdge – https://app.marginedge.com If you have more than one unit, be sure to change to the correct unit.
- Go to Setup > Integrations. In the section labeled “Point of Sale”, find and click on Aloha.
- After clicking Aloha click “Connect to Aloha” on the next screen.
- Next, go to Setup > Point of Sale. Click the “Download Installer” button.
- Clicking “Download Installer” will not finish downloading the installer. It will bring up a popup window (see image below) showing a Username and Password and a link you need to click to complete the downloading process. Keep this popup window open as you will need the username and password in the installation process.
- Click the link to run the installer download file. You may see a warning about unsigned software -- we're working on that. In the meantime, please permit the installer to run.
- When asked for the POS selection, open the dropdown menu and select Aloha.
- You will be asked for credentials (username and password). These are found in the popup window on app.marginedge.com in your internet browser. You can write the username and password in the respective fields or click the “Copy” button next to the username and in the installer click ctrl + v to paste it in the username field. Repeat the same process for the password. Note: your username and password will be different from those you see in the screenshot below.
- The installer should take a few minutes, but Aloha can take up to an hour to complete its work. Once it has finished, you're done.
- To help us ensure the data is configured properly, please upload 5 individual days of DSR's (daily sales reports) to the "Getting Started with MarginEdge" on your Home page.
The ME software for the POS doesn't have an application icon and should not require any further attention from you. It's intended to be completely automated and will ship that last day of sales to the MarginEdge cloud every morning.
Once we receive your DSR's (see #10 above), it will take a few days between when the installs are completed and when you start seeing your sales data in the software, since ME has to complete an internal mapping process to make sure everything imports correctly.